Tuesday, March 20, 2007

When the Shit Hits the Fan, I Usually Get Splattered



Miss Misc just cannot catch a break. I was trying to broaden my horizons by joining a book club and meeting like-minded professional women. I decided it was a good idea to accompany a few of the ladies to a lounge.
It was great, like a black episode of "Friends" when something went terribly wrong. I found myself in the middle of drama when two of the ladies got into an argument. One minute I was looking at the man who was going to father my children, the next I'm running out of the door after two grown ass women having a silly ass dispute.

Miss Misc, being the natural peacemaker, was trying to make sure all was well when the girl took off down the street in her car.

Oh, did I mention that she was my ride? And that I had no idea where I was? And that my purse was in the back of her car? And that it was 2:30 a.m.? And that she accused me of saying something and taking the other girls side of the argument. And let's not forget the best detail of all...she was deaf. Yes friends. Miss Misc got left at the club after being accused of talking smack by a deaf girl who wouldn't have been able to tell if I was talking smack even if I had been.

Sigh, I swear this shit doesn't happen to anyone else. It's all reserved for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home