Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The 9th Wonder of the World: WGW

During my time on this earth I have been given the opportunity to travel and see snippets of the world. I’ve kissed the Blarney Stone in Ireland, sent my mom a voicemail from the top of the Eiffel Tower and checked out Stonehenge. But my friends, despite seeing these great monuments, nothing has ever fascinated me more than the phenomenon that has swept this country in the past couple of years: the white girl weave (wgw).

When executed correctly, the wgw is undetectable by the naked, untrained eye (however, Miss Misc can spot a weave of any kind a mile away.) And because we’re so used to seeing long flowing silky locks, we just assume it’s the real thing. But observe above my friends, sometimes the wgw can go terribly wrong. (Ms. Spears looking like a mangey ass dog - Source)

Being a former weave addict myself, I understand the addiction, the uncontrollable urge to wear hair that is not your own. Nothing beats the feeling of chemically processed and dyed hair from some little lady in South East Asia gently sweeping across your back and blowing in the wind. So what if your hair was 3 inches long yesterday, weave can make you the woman you always wanted to be. I can’t fault Ms. Spears for aspiring to be her best. But she needs some assistance.


Won’t you please help?

Please send all donations to:

Save a Weave Foundation (SAW)
745 Wiggitty Wack Drive
Hollywood, CA 98156

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home