Thursday, November 16, 2006

Speak Clear and Slow


Phukker here on the front line of miscellaneous for you, you and you.


Now, a lot of my day is spent on the telephone. Most calls are, well, filled with triflin peeps who don't want to read the information for themselves and would rather have an astute person, such as myself, explain the important nuances of a crucial piece of paper work. Typically I just do it. The pay ain't bad, for me to answer the questions, help them out. Trouble is when something is requested you can't give. Y'all know what I'm getting at.

This morning a call came in that was clearly in my jurisdiction, but what slipped it into miscellaneous was when we were clearly not speaking the same variation of english.


Phukker- What document are you looking at?
Trifilin- I need to know xyz.
Phukker- Okay, what is the title of the document?
Trifilin- What?
Phukker- What is the document called?
Trifilin- It has, this, and this, and that, and this--
Phukker- Okay but does it have the title, XYZ?
Trifilin- I am looking at it on screen.
Phukker- Okay, then sounds like we aren't talking about the same document. Please go to xxxx.com.
Trifilin- But this is what I always use.

Phukker- Try xxxx.com.
Trifilin- What's the address for xxxx.com
Phukker- xxxx.com
Trifilin- That doesn't work.
Phukker- Okay, x-x-x-x
Trifilin- I don't need that, just tell me blah, blah
Phukker- I can't, you'll need to access--
Trifilin- Just tell me, xyz
Phukker- You'll need to access--

There was an audible sound disturbance.
Then the line went dead.

She hung up on me.

Obviously a situation that was not suppose to be miscellaneous but due to a communication deficit dragged into a miscellaneous feeling situation. But I ain't mad, I'll get paid anyway.

Y'all Holla back now!

Phukker out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home