Monday, October 06, 2008

Asshole of the Day


Why Didn't I Get the Job Lady

Miss Misc here to report yet more miscellaneous and craziness. I was hitting the pavement today, bouncing between two job interviews for two random ass positions that I would of course be an excellent fit for. I'd noticed a crazy looking lady, bright ass red suit, a very battered looking suitcase, a very big weave with two tracks too many (that's what happens when you're trying to use of the whole pack of hair) and some Wet & Wild lipstick (don't ask how I could name the brand, but anyone who's purchased Wet & Wild can spot it.)

Well this lady, let's call her "Big Red" was chatting with security so I figured she belonged there, hell she got let through before I did. As I approached my destination low and behold that Big Red had beaten me there and was talking with some folks and blocking the lobby chairs with her bag.

Apparently she had shown up in person to discuss why she had been "summarily dismissed" from the running for the Executive Director position. Shit, if she'd shown up at my office in that suit that would have been enough...but I digress. The poor women, I assume HR, were trying to explain that an executive search firm was being used and was performing the initial screening, and that they had no control over the process, when Big Red demanded to see the President, and started citing her qualifications. She noted that she was currently CEO of her own business (selling Avon on the side does in a way make you CEO of a "franchise") which led me to wonder why she needed a job so badly that she'd show up and throw a hissy fit on-site, if in fact she was a successful CEO.

Anyways, Big Red, you my dear are an Asshole. And not only have you taken yourself out of the running for ever working at that company, you now won't even be able to get through security again cause I'm sure one of them got an earful for letting you up without having an appointment. Take your lack of qualifications like a real woman, as I have been doing for the past 8 months.

Which reminds me, one of my friends helpfully pointed out that I hadn't really had a real job this year...what an observation. Yet I still have money and wake up at 9:30 am most mornings. As the Great Buhster would say, mediocrity is the key to success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home