Friday, September 12, 2008

A Buhster Birfday

buh-buh-buh-buhster back in action after a long hiatus!

today's my birfday, and miss misc asked that i do a special birfday post. so, i thought i'd tell you a little bit about buhster birfdays.

i don't typically make a big deal out of my birfdays. why? well, because the two birfdays i can remember ever making any sort of deal out of, some sort of miscellaneousness went down.

my 14th birfday: got shat on by a bird. smack on my shoulder.
my 21st birfday: spent the evening on the floor of my buddy's bathroom sick as a dog and begging for burnt toast (sure, sounds about right for most 21st birfdays, but i was down by about 9 p.m.).

so usually i like the day to come and go with nothing really out of the ordinary. i get really nice cards and money from family and calls from friends. i'll generally treat myself to some sort of tasty meal. this low-key no-nonsense sort of thing works for me.

however, for some reason, i thought i should treat myself to something nice this year. i've been working pretty hard at yet another misc-filled establishment, and i've got one year left of grad school. so i decided to work a half day and then schedule a massage.

and that's where the dorito started raining down on me.

i lost track of time and left a little too late to take a bus to my massage appointment so i hopped in a cab. what should have been a 5 minute ride doubled in time. why? well, after the cabbie took a terrible route and then turned in the wrong direction, i decided to say something, and here's the conversation:

me: umm...you realize lincoln is the other way, right?

angry cabbie: i know where i'm going. i'm a cab driver. i know where i'm going.

me: ok, well, i'm just wondering why you would be driving AWAY from my destination.

angry cabbie: you want me to sit in that traffic? i'm avoiding traffic. i'm a cab driver. i know.

me, trying to avoid turning into asshole buhster: well, sir, you could have just said that instead of taking a really rude tone with me.

angry cabbie: you know what i was doing, but you ask anyway. i'm not taking a tone.

me, turning into asshole buhster: yes, yes you are taking a tone. and if i knew what you were doing, why the hell would i ask?

so we finally get to the place, and he only makes me pay $5 because he says, "ohhh, yeeeah, you were right. i thought you said clybourn."

sigh.

so now, i'm all tense and annoyed and hoping that i can calm down enough to enjoy the massage.

well, that of course won't be happening because my masseuse smells like a fucking homeless person.

that's right. B.O. to the high fucking heavens. and of course, i had sprung for the extra long 90 minute session.

back in the day, miss misc started a list of people who cannot have stank breath on the job. today, i'd like to start a list of people who cannot have a general stank on the job, and a masseuse is at the top of that list.

there are approximately 8 hours left in the day and more planned birfday events. if i manage to make it through without getting puked/pissed/or spat on by some miscellaneour, i'll consider it a moderate success.

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn and just when I thought you were home free....sigh. But youse know you are loved. Have a most excellent remainder of a birfsdays!

Phukker

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Miss Misc said...

Oh my goodness, my general buhness must be rubbing off on you. And how does one let someone know they are stankity stank. Errr, did you leave a tip?

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, add on the fact that I was naked, and it was a near impossible situation.

So gross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home